Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
– Arthur C. Clarke
I am a graduate student pursuing MSc. in Interactive Arts & Technology at Simon Fraser Univeristy, Canada. I am a member of the VVISE research lab directed by Prof. Wolfgang Stuerzlinger. I am always on the lookout for innovative ways of interacting with computers and their applications in various fields.
My research interests mainly lie in the areas of Natural and Tangible User Interfaces, 3D User Interfaces (3DUI) and Virtual Reality. The underlying motivation in my work is to create seamless interactions between humans and computers. Read more about my research here.
I was a part of the game design and development group at my undergraduate institute, participating in and organizing events like gamejams and Unity workshops over the past few years. When not working on cool projects, you can find me reading up about awesome HCI projects, helping out my institute’s clubs with branding or playing table tennis.
You can find my CV here.
- 3D User Interfaces: Theory and Practice, 2nd ed.
- Latest edition of ACM Interactions
- Designing Gestural Interfaces by Dan Saffer
- Brave NUI World by Wigdor and Wixon
- Speculative Everything by Dunne and Raby
- The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
Ping me anytime to discuss about these!
Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati May 2019 - Novemeber 2019
At Embedded Interactions Lab (EILab) under Dr. Keyur Sorathia’s mentorship
Related to Object selection in Virtual environments, using Oculus Rift CV1 and Leap Motion on the hardware side of things, and Unity3D with respective APIs on the software side.
Simon Fraser University, Canada January 2021, ongoing
Master of Science, Interactive Arts and Technology
GPA: 4.22/4.33 (Term 1)
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Jabalpur, India July 2016 - May 2020
Bachelor of Technology, Computer Science & Engineering
GRE General Test: 332/340 (Q – 168, V – 164, AW – 4)
TOEFL : 108/120 (R 28, L 30, S 23, W 27)
- Human-Centered Design: an Introduction ( Nov - Dec 2019, online on Coursera offered by UCSD )
- Machine Learning ( Jan - Apr 2019 )
- Image Processing ( Jan - Apr 2019 )
- Introduction to R Software ( Aug - Nov 2018 )